A few reasons why this diagram is deeply flawed:
1. The Godhead is the pattern for ALL relationships.
2. The Trinity's Inter-Dependent relationship and function is best described through the Perichoresis (A Circle Dance) example, not pyramids or umbrellas.
3. Unless Jesus' Umbrella LEAKS, why would anyone need the others? Our lives are hid WITH Christ IN God.
4. God's Pattern emphasizes FUNCTIONING IN UNION vs. A Boss Dominating a Subject down the inverted, misogynistic, Patriarchal pyramid.
5. The Law came by Moses, but Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ. Moses could tell you what to do ("top down"), but he couldn't indwell and empower you to do anything! Jesus does! Therefore, umbrellas and inverted pyramids are horrible ways of relating to God and each other. While some of the "principles" may be correct, the implied dualism and multiplicity (vs. union) are glaring misrepresentations of the Christ Life. A man who views himself as ONE with God, His Wife, and His Children will be much more successful than one whose prominent perspective is from a "Husband Down" position.
6. It seriously devalues the Christ in women and children, and is an unnecessary stumbling block for Non-Believers.
7. Some diagrams include "Pastor" (Mentioned only once in the entire N.T., where it is plural and listed 4th among 5 functions), which makes the "LEAKY UMBRELLA/INVERTED PYRAMID" picture even worse.
8. Notice the only place where "LOVE" is listed.
9. What does it speak to broken families, widows, orphans, or women and children who have been abandoned?
10. According to the diagram, Who is closest to Christ (but not even IN HIM)?
Our Love for one another, the quality of our friendships and our willingness to include others into such deep Koinonia will produce greater, lasting results than marketing, lectures, fear, and programs ever will.
People hunger to belong to a FAMILY, where they can be fully functional members whose words, thoughts, and actions contribute to the family's purpose and well-being, transform their communities, and ultimately change the world.
"I give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other."
The latest Tiger Woods' story, along with many of its corresponding social media responses, regurgitates a disturbing, recurring narrative...with Love lessons from which we can all learn.
Far too often, we celebrate people for what they can DO rather than for who they ARE. It never ceases to amaze me how people become overjoyed by the fall of the same people they once idolized. Perhaps it becomes difficult when we are no longer able to live vicariously through them. Maybe the vengeance underlying our jealousy is what's being manifested on such occasions. Regardless, what stands true is that we were all created to be Loved, not worshiped.
Because folks are more celebrated for their "doing" than their "being", once the talent declines, the voice weakens, the athleticism atrophies, the beauty fades, and the celebrity status dwindles...many are left in extreme pain...and with little sense of purpose.
This also bears witness to the truth that it is more important to focus on those things in our lives that time cannot so easily steal...like Love, Relationships, Character, and Wisdom.
While our Loving, Heavenly Father has gifted us to DO, He unconditionally LOVES us for who we ARE! By His Grace, we must Love ourselves and others with this same Love with which He Loves us!